Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Firsts for Adelyn

I didn't do the best job of remembering "firsts" for Zachary for the first two months...sorry Buddy. I'm sure you win with pictures though...so I'm trying to keep up with Adelyn's.

On Sunday March 28th (day before the actual due date :), Adelyn went to the Olive Garden for her first outing at a restaurant. She rode in the zolo sling but didn't stay in the whole time. It was easier for Mommy to eat while Pop2 and Granna held her.

After the meal we went and had pictures taken in the bluebonnets next to autozone! The amount of rain in the fall sure paid off! San Antonio has beautiful wildflowers this year!

She had her second restaurant trip to the same restaurant for Gramsie's birthday on April 2 which also happened to be Good Friday and the weekend she came to visit for Easter.

Adelyn's first trip to church happened to be Easter Sunday on April 4 in La Coste at Fr. Paul's church. Gramsie and Marilyn also accompanied and it sure was nice to have all of those loving hands to help entertain our beautiful children :)

Her first trip to The Woodlands happened yesterday, April 12! Scott is in New York all week doing testing on software for his work trip. I was not intrigued with the idea of staying by myself all week so I made the trip with the two kids. I never would have even dreamed of traveling by myself when Zachary was born. We didn't make the trip without Scott until he was 7 months....ah, first born. I thought about also bringing Sandy, but then decided against it for a few reasons, one of them being I would have been crazy to think that I could do my first trip with two kids also with a dog sticking his nose in my face in the front seat. We stopped in the nice rest area with a playground just outside of Seguin and then again in Katy at the Babies R Us. Adelyn slept almost the whole time. Zachary listened and danced to music with me and read books for the first half of the trip. The second half he was playing restaurant with himself, his toys, and the imaginary animals and friends back there. Apparently his two close friends Aurelia and Meredith were with him back there as well. I love kids' imaginations.

More "firsts" to come :)

No comments: