Sunday, December 12, 2010

Zachary has been saying so many funny and clever things that I'm starting to forget all of them and I've got to wright them down.

Last week we went to my parent's house while Scott was gone on a trip for work. The first night we were there Zachary let my mom put him to bed. He was having a very serious conversation with her and asking her lots of questions.

"So why was Pa-pa's job in Dubai?" was one of them and they went into the elaborate conversation about why we moved there and us living there for some time.

Later when I had gone to kiss him goodnight he said, "Is Aunt Liz's house far away?"
I was a little surprised and wondered what had made him think of Aunt Liz. "Yes" I told him., "She lives in Louisiana close to Ma-ma and Pa-pa.

I found out later about this conversation he had which made the puzzle fit together. He looked at the large poster on the wall of different trains.
"Where did you get that, Gramsie?"
"I'm borrowing it from Aunt Liz".
"I don't like all of the trains on there. I just want a poster with one train".
"Oh okay well we can return it to Aunt Liz".
He started to close his eyes.
"You can borrow the Tahoe" he told her very seriously.

This morning he told me:
"I still want to be an astronaut"
"That's great" i told him. If that's what you want to do then you can do it"
"Well, I need to practice my floating" he said.
I smiled to myself.
"Okay".
"Why can't we change gravity?" he asked.
I was so proud of him for wondering that and I tried to explain it as simply as I could.
"It's part of the earth"

No comments: