Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bedtime Routine

My children have both gotten into the habbit of reading books before falling asleep. I'm loving it of course. Zachary takes about 25 books to bed well....give or take a few. Adelyn selects about 5. I kind of have to monitor to make sure she doesn't rip the pages of the soft page ones. Some of those are her favorites. She's in the phase right now where she doesn't want me to leave the room until she falls asleep (but not for nap time...who knows why....) so I sit in the rocking chair until she does. I've learned over time to let go of things I need to do and just enjoy the moments watching them read their books. In addition to reading, Adelyn also likes to rearrange her stuffed animals over and over. I don't remember Zachary doing that at her age but she sure enjoys it :) Maybe some night I'll get a picture to add to the post.

No comments: