Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Funny Blips

So we have encountered a few funny lines from the kids since the last time I wrote and I've tried to write some off them down.  The first one begins with Zachary after a few Tiger Cub meetings.

Zachary came home with several patches to start off the uniform.  I have not used my sewing machine in a while.  I tried to pull it out and sew one on the sleeve. I ended up yelling at the machine, taking 15 minutes to wind and thread the bobbin, and then sewed both sides of the sleeve together in one spot. Sigh. So so Zachary tells me as we are leaving his school one day says, "I know you don't like sewing much but I am going to have a lot of patches to sew, so you need to start getting in the habit of it." Really? Well...Great, I'm just glad that you understand what habits are.  Good first step for life!

We have been fostering my "stepsister" Fiona while Mom makes a lot of trips to Louisiana and Dad is working his rotation.  Yes, she is the brown and white furry one who has a bad habit of dribbling water all over the floor after drinking and has a whole lot of energy that I wish she would share with me.   Fiona also has a habit of scoping out the kitchen counters when she comes in.  You know...just to make sure they are clean.  A few weeks ago she happened to be scoping out the sink.  When I finally noticed and barked at her about it, she hopped down.  Sweet Adelyn, however, took up for her and said, "Fiona was trying to wash her hands."

This halloween we are planning to all go as the Skywalker family.  I am like BEYOND excited.  Yes, they are some of my favorite childhood movies.  Zachary and Adelyn will be Luke and Leia.  Scott and I will be Anakin and Padme.  Works well! Sandy looks a lot like Yoda so one Saturday morning we discussed him pretending to be Yoda.  The question then came up about who Fiona would be.  Scott suggested Jabba the Hutt.  Zachary thought about it and said, "Yes, because she is kind of like a criminal anyway."  Scott laughed.  Umm, ok, well, just don't tell her parents.

My last neat memory of lines from the kids is from Zachary.  We have been discussing good germs vs bad germs and why we need to have some germs/bacteria in us.  As I was going through the bedtime routine with them, Zachary pipes up and says, "So I've got this theory."  Shock of silence from Mom. Really? 6 yr old Zachary has a theory?  "You do?" I say.  "Yes.  I think that bad germs are what causes pain when we are hurting."  Wow. Well, you may be on to something kid.  How many other theories have you not shared with us yet?


No comments: