Thursday, November 06, 2008

Observant Little Ones



I say it all the time but it's true. Children grow so fast and surprise us all the time with how much they know. Zachary observes much more than I realize.

It was just last week that Zachary and I were hanging around upstairs on a cold morning not long after Scott left for work. We read books, played with various toys, banged on a few of Mommy's instruments and were lounging around. I was learning to work with our new ATT set up and using the upstairs remote in the process. Well of course, every 18 month old toddler would like the colorful, new looking remote that Mommy is using as opposed to the old, gray and black remote that he's seen every day he can remember. So Zachary would try to get me to hand him the one I was using, but I on the other hand tried to get him to use that colorless gray one. Instead of getting upset and throwing a fit like he's done in the past, he takes off, turns around, and slides down the stairs on his tummy.

"Okay??" I thought to myself.

A few minutes later Zachary returned from downstairs with a remote that matched the same one I was using which goes to the downstairs TV. I remember the sudden surprise that overcame me when I realized what he was holding in his hands. I congratulated him and praised him for his observation. We both sat on the floor and were both happy at that point with our colorful remotes.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey girl, I like the new blog look! I agree that our little 18/19 month old boys are growing up too fast! Thanks for your e-mail the other day, I will try to reply soon. Love ya and miss ya.