Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No more Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!

So my nickname that my parents gave me as a child was "Monkey". Maybe it's best that I don't ask how I got that name. I do recall several pictures of trees with me in them. And maybe that's why I'm so anxious to get more trees in our yard.

Anyway... my son is taking on the nickname "Monkey" as well. It's kind of developed after all of the moments I catch him:

climbing on the arms of chairs to reach the blinds handle or the lamp switch
hanging on the side of the stair rail just for fun
jumping from the upside down laundry basket on to the couch
swinging in the glider in his room so forceful that it smacks the wall behind him
wanting me to push him on a swing set for an hour
And of course...jumping in the bed

Thank you God, for our entertaining monkeys.

No comments: