Sunday, March 07, 2010

Zachary's Memory

Toddlers sure remember more than we would ever think. I have a couple of updated stories.

About a week and two days ago we were driving on Loop 1604 to someone's house for playgroup and we rarely ever go that far up the loop. I missed my exit for Bitters and had to make a U-turn. Zachary was asking if we were almost there so I told him that I had made a mistake and missed my exit. We got there though.

Two days later we coincidentally happened to be driving up that part of the loop again on our way to New Braunfels. Scott was with us this time. "You missed your exit" Zachary said when we passed the Bitters exit. I was impressed. Scott didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

"He's right" I told Scott. "We were driving up here Friday and I missed the exit and had to make a U-turn. "Great job Zachary" I told my son. I was proud and impressed that they can remember landmarks so well. Little ones are so observant.


Tonight Zachary was playing with two whales in the bathtub. One was a Shamu style whale that we got at Sea World. The other was a beluga whale.

"Where did we get this?" Zachary asked me holding up the beluga whale.
"We got that at a toy store in Austin" I told him. That was about a year ago.
"With Brian and Kevin?" (Scott's brothers)
"Yes" I told him. Well, actually Kevin wasn't there but now we always see them together so it's assumed.
"And then we got ice cream afterward?"
"Oh....yeah....yeah we did" I told him remembering.

He was two or barely two....yeah, I'm impressed. I'm learning a lot about little kids.

No comments: