Thursday, July 01, 2010

Who is adopted?

Most people are aware that our dog Sandy became our dog unintentionally. Sandy followed me around the entire neighborhood while out running when Zachary was about 11 months old. We tried to find his original home but obviously did not. We even tried to have him adopted, but that was unsuccessful as well. Finally we decided that we could keep a dog and as Zachary understands, we adopted him.

We do seem to be notorious for bringing home dogs or having dogs end up in our yard. Throughout time we found owned dogs in our yard or outside in the front and had them returned. In September though, when I arrived at a client's apartment, my client's provider and several neighbors presented a dog with a hurt leg who had been hanging out for several days without a collar. So I of course could not leave her there and much to my husbands dismay, brought her home. With the help of SNIPSA, we found the dog whom I called Belle, a fabulous home with a loving family with five kids. So when Zachary asked where she was we of course said, "She lives with another family now. They adopted her".

So we have these family members, the Sibley's. They are very much dog people. They have Sabrina who is getting up there in age. They recently found a small puppy, Drue Breeze. And then one new puppy found them. "Tails" they call him. Aunt Amaryllis said, "yeah, he followed Cody home and then adopted Blaise. That dog follows Blaise everywhere". My cousin Blaise stays active with the latest ways to have fun so twas no surprise.

So I put Zachary to bed at my grandparent's house. They live next door to them Sibleys. After we read books, sang songs, and said prayers he asked for Gramsie to come sit with him. So my mom went in there. He told her all kinds of facts.

"Tails was adopted"

He sure was. He had caught on to the term for finding and keeping a dog.

"Sandy was adopted. Belle was adopted. Blaise was adopted".



No comments: