Monday, August 09, 2010

"Not until we get home...we have to pay for that!"

Zachary and Adelyn both accompany me on our weekly grocery store trips. Zachary holds my shopping list and we both look at it to pick out our groceries. Sometimes I let him get a few special things like gummy bears or oatmeal bars or something fun and he gets to hold them. Sometimes he just likes to hold some of the items that we regularly buy, but I always tell him, "Okay don't eat it yet, just hold it. We have to pay for it first".

Today Zachary and I were playing grocery store and stuffed animals. We were finding all kinds of cool things to buy! After selecting a rotary phone, a mop, a mailbox, a few blocks and some railroad tracks we were on our way to pay at the keyboard that Scott brought Zachary from the junk box at work. I was allowed to hold the mop. Before we got there Zachary looked at me and said "Okay, don't mop yet. We have to pay for it first". Darn! We know how much we all have that urge to start mopping before we even get to the checkout line". :)

No comments: