Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mommy's Sad Face

One of my closest friends moved away the other day. That would be the second one this summer. After they drove away from my house the other day and were on their way, I was of course feeling pretty down. Zachary and I have been talking about the moving day to prepare him for it. During those times I would tell him that I'm sad that they are leaving. Zachary would say that he didn't want them to move also. A few minutes after they left he said, "you're sad Mommy".

I was curious if he thought this because I looked sad or he remembered our discussions. So I said, "how do you know that I'm sad?"
"because Aurelia's not moving".
"Oh....well yes you are right about that but how do you know that I'm sad?"
He repeated himself and obviously he wasn't understanding the question so I said,
"Did you see my sad face?"
He said, "yes but you can just put on some make up".

Well, someday he will learn that there's not much we can physically do to hide sadness...but that sure was cute.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That is so funny. I wish makeup was the cure. I would be wearing a lot these days! Doesn't it stink to be friends with military people who just keep getting up and leaving?