Sunday, January 01, 2012



Happy Birthday dear Sofia. I'm watching Oklahoma which reminds me of course of you because it's a musical!! You always sang songs from musicals. I miss you every day. I think of the inspiration you were to so many people. You were so loved. Love you with all my heart.

Remember this picture? We took it at your 15th birthday, 13 years ago on New Years Eve.



I know you took several years to decide what to do for a career. You worked hard and took classes and then discovered your love and talent for musical theatre (which many of us saw growing up!!). You went to Sam when I was leaving. I wonder what it would have been like if we were there at the same time haha. We would have had a blast but I guess it wasn't meant to be. You are an inspiration though to me. You searched  and followed your dream.  Your ambition and love of life has influenced me in my decisions. I auditioned for the San Antonio Choral Society and got in! I'm so excited and I'm thrilled to be in a large ensemble again. I love music and I know you did too. Thanks for reminding me to have confidence in myself. love you dear Sofia.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sofia would have been so proud of you, sweet English, for trying out for the San Antonio Choral Society...what a beautiful way to share one of your many gifts w/ the world! :)