Monday, February 25, 2013

Joy Upon Waking On a Saturday Morning Part II


The following Saturday after the last post, I heard the kids wake up before 7 again.  Adelyn came downstairs and gave us a bubbly good morning and then announced that she would go back upstairs to read in her room until her clock turned green. Yes! Sounds great!  I can't remember who spoke first between Adelyn and Zachary but they eventually began looking for Tow Mater Saves Christmas.  Oh dang. I had moved the holiday books to another book shelf in the craft room due to overcrowding.  I tried to call several times to tell them where it was but they did not hear me and I wasn't feeling up to getting out of bed yet.

Zachary came across another book about Louis Pasteur and believing in yourself.

Zachary: Do you want me to read you this book about Louis Pasteur?  It's about a chemist.  I'm going to be a chemist when I grow up.

Adelyn: I fought you were going to be a poweece occicer.

Zachary:  Well I have plenty of time to think. It's my choice, okay?

Zachary reads her what he can remember is on each page.  I have to say, I was very impressed with what he remembered.  It's kind of a long book.  He got to the part about Louis Pasteur finding a cure for rabbis and told her:

"Some people got bacteria in them.  This was a bad bacteria. There is good bacteria and bad bacteria".

Scott with his eyes still closed: I'm pretty sure some adults don't know that.

Sometime during the book Adelyn said she wanted to be a police officer.

Zachary: Are you sure?

Adelyn: Yes

Zachary: Well, it's kind of tough.  I don't know if you can handle it.

Adelyn: Can I just be Adewyn?

No comments: