Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day can be a bunch of hoop la if we let commercial buzz take over. But it CAN be a true heart warming day of opportunity to really let someone know how much they mean to you. This day is far from being only for romance. I know some people may think that it's easy for me to say since I'm married...but really...I remember being single. It hasn't been that long. If you're single, take the opportunity of being single to really focus on the people in your life that do mean a lot to you and let them know.

I can't count the number of people who I really owe a huge Valentine to.

Today is a great excuse (if you think you need one, but actually you don't) to actually say things you may have been wanting to say forever and a day. Today is the day you can even write a poem if you feel so moved to, which isn't something people do every day in this time. There's plenty of overwhelmingly creative ideas out on the web for gift ideas that won't cost us anything. The thought really counts today.

Let's set a challenge to make the words you are able to say today, once a year on Valentine's Day, words that you say the other 364 days of the year to all the people you love.

A few quotes for Valentine's Day:

"Love is a mustard seed planted by God and watered by man" Muda Saint Michael

"Marriage is not a ritual or an end. It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner"- Amy Bloom

"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone-we find it with another" --Thomas Merton

"So be imitators of God as beloved children, and live in love, as Christ loved us and handed himself over for us..." Ephesians 5:1

"Love is my decision to make your problem my concern" --Robert Schuller


"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else" Erma Bombeck

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me".
Jim Valvano

"If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it" -- Jack Sparrow

"The most intimate form of community is family" Fr. Payne

"Love is like a mountain, hard to climb, but once you get to the top the view is beautiful"--Daniel Monroe Tuttle

"Love is a decision not an emotion or feeling, that if made from the heart will outlast anything..." --Raul and Samantha Juarez

"Love is more than a feeling. It's a state of mind" --Lisa Grude

For Valentine ideas:
http://www.parenthacks.com/

To all of the people I owe a heartfelt Valentine to:
My parents, who brought me here, my brother, who was my favorite source of entertainment growing up, Scott, my amazing husband, my Zachary, my first and adorable son, Kathryn, a perfect fit for a sister in law, Priscilla, a you won't find a more welcoming sweet mother in law, David, my makes me laugh and is always in the best mood father in law, Michelle, another perfect fit sister in law with smiles and giggles, Brian and Kevin, you couldn't ask for more fun and any better brother in laws, my grandparents, Hazel and Joe, Becky and Berch, Nanny and Poppie, Aunts Debbie P., Linda, Janet, Charlotte, Myra, Liz, Lana, Amaryllis, Christine, Mimi, Debbie D., Cindy, Sue, Ann, and one I haven't met, Uncles Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Carl, Ronnie, Jake, Mark, Mike, Mike, Tom, Jim, and one I haven't met-Dean, cousins (oh gosh here we go) Renee, Jonathan, Stephanie, Jenny, Eric, Andrew, Ryan, Ross, Michael, Jade, Maggie, Annalise, Joe, Nick, Cherie, Rebecca, Adam, Christiane, Brandi, Cody, Madeleine, Blaise, Rhyn, Paula, Matt, Laura, Becca, Sarah, Bill, John, Annie, Paul, Joe, Gracie, Emma, Katie, Maggie, and Ben, friends.....there's so many of you......Kari, Tricia, Scott E., Kelly, Katie, Brenda, Allison, Suzanne&David, Becky, Drew, Leanne, Ginny, Emily, Melissa, The Bakers, The Thomas', The Johns, The Bienvenue's and so many more.

No comments: