Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Getting to know people

So one of Zachary's favorite things to do that doesn't require running, jumping, or climbing is looking at picture albums. He's learned so many names that are so cute to hear him say.

We've got

Granna- "Gyanna"
Pop2- "Po ta"
Gramsie- "Gyinny"
Pa pa- "Paw paw" (definitely our best)
Michelle- "Sell"
Brian- "Biyine" ( I think...I'll have to listen to that one again)
Kevin- Ka yin
Berch (Paran) - Pa
Kathryn (Kitty)- Kitty
Blaise- Bay
Pa-pa Joe- Pa-pa Doe
Maggie Byrne- Ma ee


Of course Mommy and Daddy is now clear as day.
Most other names besides this list, he says is from repeating me.

It's also so funny what they notice that we don't!

In March we went to visit my extended family in Louisiana. I was at my mom's parent's house, Hazel and Joe. My mom's sister, Charlotte was there (Great Charlotte :). She took Zachary to play outside while I visited with my grandparents. When they came back in Zachary pointed to my grandpa's shoes and said Pa-pa Doe. Charlotte was very surprised and said, "oh...yeah, those are for Pa-pa).

In March we also went to Portland. When we returned home, Michelle and Matthew spent another night. The next morning before Michelle was even out of her bed/room, Zachary took a glance at her shoes and said, "Sell". "uh, what?" I looked at the shoes he was pointing to. Whose shoes were those? They weren't mine and looked to small to belong to Matthew or Scott and I didn't recognize them as Scott's shoes. "Oh....yeah....those ARE Aunt Michelle's shoes.....!"

I guess it's because they're lower to the ground? Very observant!

No comments: