Monday, February 08, 2010

Mommy You Leaved!!

Saturday night, Scott and I went to a friend's wedding here in town. It worked out well that my mother was still here b/c Zachary wasn't feeling that great. He preferred to play with her anyhow.
So I ask him if it's okay if we go to a wedding while he stays to play with Gramsie. He says "yes".

We leave at 4:00 PM, attend the wedding and a good chunk of the reception, and arrive home again at 9:00. It was a nice date for us.

Zachary was still awake when we got home. He was sitting with my mom. When we got him settled into bed, sang a song, and was about to do prayers he said, "Mommy I was mad at you. You leaved".

As content as he had been with my mom I guess he still missed me. And that makes my heart melt. I'm so glad he is learning to verbally express his feelings. He told me another time. We discussed me leaving after I told him I was leaving. We also talked about how I always came back. Just like at Mom's Day Out and after I used to work. He was eventually satisfied and went to sleep.

1 comment:

gramsieles said...

Hearing him tell you that, made my heart melt too! I couldn't believe that he could express himself the way he did. :)