Thursday, February 18, 2010

Zachary's Kitty

My 2 1/2 year old now has his own kitty. No, it's not a living one and no it's not stuffed either. One day out of the blue he told Scott and I that he has a kitty. We didn't see one. We knew he didn't have a stuffed one either. We then realized after looking at his empty yet opened hand, that his kitty was imaginary.

So I asked him what it's name was. "Rockwall", he said as if he'd known for ages. Very creative name. You would expect him to say "Kitty" or something. My only guess as to where he came up with that name is from gymnastics. They have a mini rock wall that they climb there.

I've also learned that Rockwall is brown, very soft and likes to play with our real dog Sandy in the backyard. He also prefers to sleep on the couch as opposed to Zachary's bed. Some nights I am even asked if I can put Rockwall on the couch with me after I tuck Zachary in bed.

Zachary also allows me to pet his little kitty which I am delighted to do because as many know, I'm highly allergic to cats. I'm one of those people who can walk into someone's house and know they have a cat without seeing it. I start to itch all over, get a stuffy nose, sometimes a headache, and itchy throat and sometimes sneezing also. Depends on how hairy and how much dander is hanging out in the house. So perhaps Zachary, knowing that we will never own a real kitty, has come up with his own way to enjoy cats.

I'm not sure about all of Zachary's imaginary origins but I sure enjoy hearing about them and participating in them. :) I would post a picture, but well, yeah don't have one of this kitty.

No comments: