Sunday, February 12, 2012




Anytime I see this scene my camera is in hand pretty quick. I adore these pictures! My dream is to one day play and perform with my children.  Zachary is interested sometimes. Adelyn often ventures over to the piano at least once a day.  It's been interesting seeing how differently they explore with the piano.  Zachary usually tried many keys at once when he was Adelyn's age. She tries one or two notes at a time usually. Sometimes she finds some of the intervals I like to hear. She enjoys babbling the tune to the ABC's ( I know it's this one as opposed to Twinkle Twinkle or Ba Ba Blacksheep....we sing it more often).  Zachary enjoys exploring different instruments too. He definitely loves to sing in the car.  I've used Fabre's series and a puppet to teach Zachary piano.  The puppet has definitely been helpful.  He'd rather learn from it than me. It's amazing to see how little children can learn music at such an early age. 

Whether or not they are interested in pursuing music lifelong, I at least want them to be familiar with this language and have the knowledge.  It's a great combo of math/order and creativity.  I love being able to entertain myself with singing, instruments, or analyzing.  Music really opens up a whole new world of fun!

No comments: