Saturday, August 11, 2012

8.9.12 The Continuing Adventures of Rockwall and Rockwell


It had been a while since we heard from Zachary's two cats, Rockwall and Rockwell.  At least they have stopped making a mess in the kitchen and leaving it that way.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they would be joining us in Louisiana this summer.  They hung around my mom's parents house for a while. I gave them strict instructions to not leave a mess.  That would be very helpful to my grandparents. The cats did join us one day at the Health Club there in Opelousas.  They dove off of the diving board one time and then left.  It was starting to look stormy so they left.  They are not fans of lightning.  One day they came to Baton Rouge with us.  They stayed a while to play with the LaSavia's cat Rosa.  I did hear that they were dissapointed about the trampoline not being there anymore.  I did let them know that there was an excellent jungle gym in the back now.  They were stay overnight while we drove back to Opelousas.  They joined us a few days later at my dad's parent's house.  My aunt and cousins live next door to their.  The cats enjoyed much of their time INSIDE Aunt Amaryllis' house...away from the 4 outdoor dogs that live outside her door.  The inside one is sweet enough to not bother them.  They actually stayed with cousins Blaise playing some video games. They got a little hooked and played for most of the day. They did of course take a break to go fishing.  They did not join Zachary, Dad, Pa-pa and I the day we went.  They went by themselves a different day. They are of course quite talented at fishing.  We really should have brought them with us the day we went. They may have showed us some techniques we were not aware of to help us in the hot sun.  I was glad to have them around more often again.  They had such a good time in Louisiana they even invited themselves to stay an extra few nights.  I wasn't sure how they were going to get back but they apparently had it figured out. It turns out that they built themselves a car which folded up. So it wasn't a problem when they met us at the Astros game and wanted to ride home with us. Calzone the blue horse joined us as well.  He sat behind us.  I'm not exactly sure how he got there.

Zachary has just told me (8.9.12) that he adopted his cats.  One of them is 12 and one is 13.  I had no idea they were even this old.  This does explain some of their behaviors...the invention car, the playing video games all day...

Please stay tuned for more adventures of Rockwall and Rockwell, Zachary's imaginary cats.

No comments: