Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Whole Heart

If you are reading this you are getting to see one of my most personal posts. My lyrics I have come up with after all of the traveling and visiting done this summer. Music has not been written yet.



My Whole Heart- English Miller
Words begun on Aug 13, 2012 and completed on Aug 25, 2012

(Verse 1)
I left a piece of my heart  (pause) up in Washington.
And where I grew up (pause)  across the ocean.
I  left some all along I-10 From Houston to New Orleans
And I long to have it back together again.

(Verse 2)
Some has ended up in Boston, and got moved to Virginia
And some has left and traveled east to the Atlantic Coast in Florida
I gave some away in Wyoming and the Panhandle of Texas.
And though I’ve never been there some has made it to Arizona

(Chorus)
And how is it that I can leave my heart
In so many places(second time “people”)?
How can I divide it up that small?
How can each piece feel that much longing?
Unless it can all be back together how can I feel whole again?

(Verse 3)
When I leave my family (pause) after a great visit
I think to myself (pause) that nothing could be as hard as this.
But when my dear friend comes (pause)  from far away
I can’t let go and my heart longs for here to stay.
(chorus)

(Bridge)
How can I let go? How can this be right?
I long to be among those I love most at the same time
 Because that is when my heart… is most content.

(Verse 4)
So right here and now I try as best as I can
To love each one from where ever I am.
As we uncover science, I gain more opportunity
To continue staying close with our friends and family.

(Chorus)
One day I won’t have to leave my heart all over the world.
I won’t have to divide it up that small.
I will feel more love than I’ve ever known before in my life.
B/c one day it will be back together. And I will feel whole again.

Final Chorus
Just like on Sunday when those on earth and those in heaven.
Join all together in communion.
And one day, one day we will understand
When we are together in heaven….in full communion…..what it’s like to be completely whole again.

No comments: