Saturday, July 04, 2009

Too many cute stories

I'm so irritated that our camera is broken. That's one of the 80 things that broke this week. I felt like I had the Midas Touch of Death! Car AC, house AC, Scott's engine oil, the clock, the camera, the TV system.....

In the mean time Zachary has been doing so many cute things of course, like every two year old does. I just wish I had my camera to post pictures with these things.

Well, I'm going to write these down so in 20 years we will have memorable moments remembering.

Two days ago Scott and I noticed Zachary carrying around a small guitar that belongs to my Snoopy Statue. It doesn't play music or anything and it's barely big enough to fit the strap over my hand.

I've really been trying to emphasize live music making with Zachary. I learned in my Music Together teacher training that we as humans have bonding receptors that go off when we make live music and dance with other human beings. I also learned that Primary Music Development happens at it's best between birth and age 9. Like a language it becomes more difficult to establish and music achievement concerning pitch and rhythm. It can be done of course but with more work.

Zachary is not able to hum songs exactly on pitch or hold a complete melody yet like some two year olds can. But I know he's taking things in. So two days ago he carried Snoopy's guitar around on and off throughout the day. I noticed him saying, "do do do, dah, dah dah do na na...".
And then I realized he was pretending to strum too. When I looked at him smiling and said, "oh you're playing the guitar! It sounds so nice!" he smiled SO proudly. I'm so thrilled!! I can't wait to start our own band :)


On our way back from the lake Zachary recalled many events from the week to us. We confirmed his thoughts and I enjoyed remembering the good times at the lake. He then picked up his toy camera and pressed button over and over saying, "cheese, Pop2!" I wonder what he had flashed at him all week.

Wednesday my Dad called me early in the morning. We were taking it easy and being lazy. It was nice to have our AC back after a very annoying and hot Tuesday without it. Zachary somehow knew I was talking to his Paw paw. Of course, they figure out everything it seems. He also heard me say "yeah come visit" or "yeah come see us".

So later Zachary picked up his very old play rotary phone and said, "Paw Paaaw, come visit Paw Paw!"

No comments: