Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Jesus' Birthday is Coming Down

A Perspective From Zachary

I saw these boxes wrapped in this very colorful and pretty paper. It felt smooth and I really wanted to rip it open like I did for my birthday. I had a feeling there might be a nice surprise in there. There sure was! Some trains! James the train! So I went to find Mommy.

"Mommy you open this?"

She didn't seem very happy. She was not smiling.

"Zachary, you're not suppose to open that yet. It's for Christmas".

"Open it!" I told her. "My trains!". I guess that wasn't the best thing to say because she didn't change her mind. In fact, she went and put it somewhere else where I could not reach it.

"You can have it at Christmas time when we open presents together as a family".

At Christmas time. Christmas is Jesus' birthday party time. His birthday is coming. It's coming down soon!

So just to be sure Mommy remembers, I ask her every day or sometimes just every other day,
"When Jesus' birthday comes down I can have my trains".

Mommy smiles at me and says, "yes, at Christmas, Jesus' birthday, you can have your trains".

No comments: