Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Best Gift to Adelyn

I'm reading the book "Day's In Waiting" by Mary Ann Mccann. This is an excellent resource for anyone who is on bedrest. She offers her story, questions, things to consider, emotional support, exercises and more. A great friend loaned it to me.

It brings up a point that a good friend of the family, Trisha (a tertiary nurse) and a nurse practictioner from the nicu told me too.

Every day you buy your baby one more day. Right now you are doing all of the development work for the baby. If she is born she will have to learn to do it herself. Every day in the womb is a gift to our baby and every day I need to do everything I can to keep her growing in there.

It puts into perspective that nothing else is a priority. My son and my husband are important but I have family at home to help love and care for them too.

No comments: