Friday, October 16, 2009

Pregnancy Irritations

I guess it's nice that you do forget all of the physical irritations we get while being pregnant. The sickness is so much better this trimester.

I thought the tiredness was getting better, but uh... the past 2 weeks have just been crazy! Sometimes when I put Zachary to bed at 7:30 I go sit on the couch and before I know if I've fallen asleep until 8:30 or 9. And then I'm struggling to wake up to do something productive or for me before bed.

At that point I'm too tired to do my stretches which I NEED to do every day or my legs just hurt especially after I wake up in the morning. It's hard to do unless I do it in the morning when my legs are still stiff, at naptime when I have millions of other things to do or at night when I'm falling asleep. So I guess it's just hard to do! Someone call me and make me do it!

The sciatic nerve hurts too if I don't stretch. That's just plain annoying. It's not unbearable. Just an annoyance that creeps into the routine of doing things. Especially cooking while I'm standing up. Bring out the cooking stool!

The last thing I can currently think of is the random aches you suddenly feel or the soreness of stretching in the hips, lower back or lower stomach area. I'm thinking my previous epiziotamy (how do you spell this procedure??) had something to do with some soreness of now stretching out again. Bring out the cooking stool!

Oh well. These things aren't unbeareable or things that make me non-functioning. Oh, well, I guess sleeping kindof does that. Maybe, doesn't make me unavailable to the routine during the day. It's dealable. I'm still very excited about the next baby although nervous about the first two weeks. I know it will be more difficult having two instead of one (I very much admire my friends that are able to do everything with multiple children) but I was such a disaster after Zachary was born for a few months that I don't see how this next baby could make my life that crazy again. And I already know how to nurse, change diapers, make a schedule, puree foods...I know more people here...it's easier somewhat right??

Zachary is very excited. I'm expecting some out of character actions when the baby comes...just because I'm not convinced that all jealousy will be put aside, but he does ask when it's "coming out" and he talks about playing with it and helping me. He loves Baby Theodore and doesn't seem to mind as much when I hold him. I guess we shall see!

1 comment:

Becky said...

There is nothing as hard as your first baby, in my book. Everything is new and you question everything that you do. The second one will feel so much more natural. There will be so much less stress over everything. The hardest part is just managing the lack of sleep. I know you will do great. And you are right, since you know more people that will help too. Transitions are ALWAYS hard but I have no doubt you will do fabulously. I can't wait!! Oh ya and Episiotomy is how you spell it :) And all of your pregnancy discomforts do not make me envious at all.