Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Why this blog title and our new blog!

I think some people are slightly curious as to why I chose this blog title back in the day a couple of years ago. Here's why.

Scott and I had some discussion when I was pregnant with Zachary about job titles at work. He has the title "research engineer" at Southwest. I thought it sounded cool and wanted one for myself as well. Although I do have my title as "music therapist" which is nice and I'm glad to have it with the nice letters MT-BC I was hoping for one for my other career at home as well. (Some people have this idea that as music therapists we are experts in selecting nice music and playing it while doing some type of guided imagery or discussion to make people happy about life. Or think that we give happy music lessons. And this problem is a whole other blog posting itself but anywho...)

So aside from "music therapist" Scott and I thought of all of the names of stay at home moms: "Stay at home mom", "House wife", "home maker"... and came up with a few more.

"Domestic Engineer"- (I think this is Aunt Ann's title)
"House Engineer"
"House Researcher"
"House Professional"
"Domestic Professional"

I liked that last one the best with a "specialization in research and development". So that's what I went him.

Domestic Professional: Research and Development :)

I, in no way, thought of myself as an actual "expert" or "professional" at this field being a newly wed and now pregnant with my first child. And I'm still not...with a two year old and pregnant with my second child. We haven't raised a child to adulthood yet. I know that I still have much I can learn from others about parenting and living life. I just like the sound of the job title.

My friends and I are beginning to do "Tot School" with our toddlers at home. Sometimes we get together to do projects and we definitely share ideas. Tot school is having fun at home and learning at the same time. We chose a theme each week and base our activities, songs, crafts, and field trips based on that theme. To read more about our tot school at the miller house check out:

http://domesticprofessionaltotschool.blogspot.com

This new blog will be for the tot schooling activities. Other adventures of Zachary growing and my thoughts will still be at this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ivitaxipa.uvoweb.net/yvyjaw.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]