Thursday, January 14, 2010

29 Weeks!

Adelyn has stayed in for another week! Every day counts! I'm so thankful. I'm at the stage where I wonder how we can stretch any more than we already are. Especially after eating....I ate twice tonight. We had my family over this evening- Brian, Kevin, and Chrystal. And then I just couldn't pass up food at bunco.

When I walked back in the doctor's office this week at my weekly check up, my doctor saw me and said "29 weeks!!" Apparently I'm the only patient she currently has memorized right now on number of weeks, meds, etc. I know she put a lot of thought into my situation. I'm glad she has her heart in her job.

I know that every day she stays in is important and that I should not take one day for granted. I really try to stay sitting/lying down throughout the day. It still is a little harder than when I was at the hospital, but I think I'm doing a fairly good job.

I do come to the table to eat meals with the family. I still do yoga/stretching which makes a huge difference in how my legs and arms feel throughout the day. It also helps my circulation at night while sleeping. I do sit on the floor to play with Zachary. I do try to keep our activities to me on the couch and him with me or at the little table we pulled up to the couch. We read stories, make crafts, do puzzles, play potato heads, tools, music, and more. At night I play the piano after Zachary is asleep and also when he is at MDO. I'm loving the piano time that I ignored while working. I'll need to pull the guitar back out more consistently. Now that I've been home I've gravitated to the piano instead.

The wheelchair passed around Scott's family has been wonderful. Priscilla took us on a stroll around the neighborhood when the weather was nice one afternoon. I could sit and watch Zachary play outside for a little while too.

Our small church community was so generous in bringing us meals this week. I just began getting to know them in October and they were so generous to treat me like they've known me for years. They took time to cook and drive down here for our family and I really appreciated that. We have plenty of left overs for the weekend. Which is nice because Priscilla is leaving tomorrow pretty early.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us throughout this time. I have so much to be thankful for. I'll pray that we continue to grow and do well throughout the pregnancy.

1 comment:

Lauren E said...

Yeah for 29 weeks!!! I am hoping you get to 36 - then she can come out if she wants to =) (Stella certainly did!!! HAHA)

Our family is thinking about yours everyday and wishing you all the best - hang in there, I know is must be hard.