Friday, January 08, 2010

Home for Belle

Well we found Belle a great home. Actually SNIPSA found Belle a great home. Thank you Ginny for telling me about SNIPSA. They were a great organization. They got a good picture online, gave us food, heart worm meds, got her shots, and spayed, etc. It was a great deal. We just had to pay a small amount to get her into their organization.

The family taking her is a very sweet family, perfect for Belle's personality. There are five adorable children and the very friendly and very easy to talk to parents. The dad has had a dog most of his life with the exception of a few months here and there in between dogs. They lost their previous dog recently. The children are very exited and even the girl who is cautious when meeting dogs voted in favor of Belle. I think the dad is a pastor. I really enjoyed meeting their family.

I will miss my Belle very much. She captured my heart but I know she will be in wonderful hands. I'll need to take a few pictures before she goes on Tuesday. I'll miss her but I know having one dog will be easier to handle especially when the Baby Adelyn comes. We did discuss keeping Belle and giving away Sandy (don't tell him), but I'm attached to him despite his difficulties and he wouldn't be adopted easily anyhow :)

If you want a dog SNIPSA is a great place to go.

1 comment:

Becky said...

OK, I totally need to check out this site. and I am so glad you found her a home. Props to you for actually giving her away. I had a stray here that I fell so deeply in love with after only 12 hours that I almost cried on the way to her parents house. I was so attached. She was the best though. Anyway, I am so inspired to rescue dogs. Thanks Eng!