Friday, January 22, 2010

Even 2 yr olds Tease!

The other day I was sitting on the couch (of course, what else am I doing these days) and Zachary picked up my cell phone.

"Who are you calling?" I asked.
"Gramsie"
"Do you want me to help you call her for real?"
"yes"

So we dialed the number, I put the phone to his ear and she answered. He told her hi and she was of course excited to hear him. She very enthusiastically told him hello and asked him what he was doing. I figured he would have picked something we did this afternoon like, "we watched football" (saints and cardinals) or "I played my computer game".

Instead he proceeds to tell her, "We went to the store to get snakes!". Snakes! I have an extreme dislike towards snakes and my mother does too.

My mother says, "What?!"
"Do you like snakes Gramsie?"
"Oh gross no!" she says. "Snakes are yucky".

I was a little floored myself that he had come up with such a tale.
I know we've discussed this with him. He knows he shouldn't touch them and that we DO NOT like them. He remembers back in October when a baby copperhead came in my parents house when Mom opened the door one morning. He remembers I guess what a big deal that was and he also told all of the teachers at my mother's school about it.

So somehow that was in his head during this random phone call one evening in January. 2 yr olds understand so much more than I realize sometimes. He definitely knows how to tease.

No comments: